External Protection | Lightning Protection
1. PASSIVE PROTECTION USING RODS AND MESHED CONDUCTORS
According to IEC-EN 62305, CTE SU8
A system based on the lightning current distribution and dissipation through a network of conductors. We have the suitable materials and accessories for the installation of a Iightning protection system using rods and meshed conductors.
2. ACTIVE PROTECTION USING EARLY STREAMER EMISSION AIR TERMINALS
According to UNE 21186, NFC 17102, CTE SU8
DAT CONTROLER’ PLUS is an Early Streamer Emission Air Terminal, whose functioning is based on the electric features of lightning formation, emitting the upward leader before any other object within its protection radius. This
attribute is called “advanced time”. Longer anticipation in forming the upward leader turns into larger distances for intercepting the downward leader thus protecting a bigger area against lightning. Standards limit AT to a maximum of
AT 60prs. For a higher guarantee, DAT CONTROLER’ PLUS air terminals have been submitted to diverse tests in official and independent laboratories:
- AENOR PRODUCT CERTIFICATION.
– Certificate withstands current 100kA.
– Certificate advance time according to UNE 21186.
- CERTIFICATE OF EFFECTIVE
- PERFORMANCE UNDER RAIN
– lsolation superior to 95%
- CERTIFICATE OF PROTECTION RADIUS AND FULFILLMENT OF THE RELEVANT STANDARDS.
(UNE 21186 and NFC 17102)