This motor series has the CE marking in compliance with European Directive 94/9/EC (ATEX) and is also certified in accordance with IECEx Scheme. The applicable standards are:
- EN 60079-0: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 0: Equipment – General requirements
- EN 60079-1: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 1: Equipment protection by flameproof enclosure ‘d’
- EN 60079-7: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 7: Equipment protection by increases safety ‘e’
- EN 60079-31: Explosive Atmospheres – Part 31: Equipment dust ignition protection by enclosure ´t’
W22XC motors are classified as equipment Group II (Surface Industries), suitable to use on the following zones:
- category 2, for Zones 1 and 21 – Gases, Vapours and Dust (GD).
- category 3, for Zones 2 and 22 – Gases, Vapours and Dust (GD).
As standard, W22XC motors are supplied for Zone 1 application – IIC Group of Gases and Temperature class T4 (under request T5 is available).
As standard execution, W22XC motors are fitted with flameproof terminal boxes for gases of Group IIC, with specification code Ex d, IIC. Under request and as an alternative execution, these motors can be fitted with an Increased Safety terminal box. In this case the description code is Ex de, IIC. These flameproof motors are certified according to the above standards, by the EU accredited Notified Body INERIS in France.